lundi 5 avril 2010

Canada-US Border - Looking for Solutions



In the past month we have seen at least two cases where Canadian citizens have made unfortunate errors in crossing the Canada-US border.

In both cases, here in my riding of Compton-Stanstead, and on the New Brunswick-Maine border, US border officials took, in my opinion, overzealous steps in detaining, questioning, and then photographing and fingerprinting these citizens. The latest case (NB-Maine) children were in fact photographed and fingerprinted, if CBC is correct.

I have asked that Ottawa act. Harper and Cannon, in their not-so-fortunate meetings with Clinton last week, did not bring it up, even though Harper, here in my riding less than a week prior, said that he would.

What do you think? Time to sit down with American law-makers to figure our joint border out? Let me know, and let Ottawa know!

Contact me at william@williamhogg.ca

Aucun commentaire: