vendredi 1 octobre 2010

My Bloc opponent is "in the dark."

So I had the luck of getting a question asked in the House on Monday by John McCallum on financing for a local project (the Pat Burns arena in Stanstead).

When the local media approached my Bloc opponent (France Bonsant), and asked her what she was doing to help the project, she replied the following:

"elle est prête à plaider la cause de la Ville de Stanstead à condition que ses dirigeants la contactent. ‘Je ne suis pas au courant ou ils sont rendus. En ayant de l’information de leur part, je pourrais faire avancer le dossier.’" (The actual quote is only on the paid part of the article - trust me, it's there)

Quick translation:

"I'll only help people if they come to me! How dare they think I would reach out to them - the horrors! Even if the issue has been reported on in all the local media, French and English, it still hasn't registered with me as something I should be concerned about. As for this major project, both in federal, provincial and municipal/private money terms, and in symbolism of remembering a local hockey hero, I have no clue what is going on. If they send me the information, I might be able to figure it out, someday. But I hope they don't. I would hate to have to take on responsibilities that I can't deal with."

Ouais...

Aucun commentaire: